quinta-feira, dezembro 21, 2006

Bouncing Round The Room


Nothing better to write about, so I thought I would write about the first thing that came to mind. Or in this case, shall I say, ear...

Again, the topic is music. But this time, I will focus not on what is coming out of the speakers, but the speakers themselves.

So here's the deal: Last time I was in the States, I bought a rather kick-ass hometheater setup, with 7 speakers, and had it brought down here to my side of the equator. And like any classic, decent, 21st century hometheater setup, you can connect even your grandmother to it, should you feel inclined. Right now, grandma is home and my iPod is wired to it. I'm sitting here enjoying some sounds while I type.

Oh, just in case you care, the system is an Onkyo HTS-780. That translates to: Right under BOSE in terms of sound quality and sky-high over SONY and the likes. I definitely recommend it if you like good sound but don´t feel like being ripped off for it.

Also for your information, my little toy is a little loud. Ready for the description package?


1. For starters... Max volume is 68. I made it as far as 61. 62 is not funny. It´s painful.

2. I had it cranked up to 51 before I started writing this. It´s now at 36 because I couldn´t concentrate.

3. If you go up into the mid and upper 40's (and beyond), the sound is such that the speakers move.

4. At the current 37, I can feel the vibration on my keyboard. At the previous 51, the hairs on my legs were vibrating.

5. Big sound, not so big room... You add it up. Makes things pretty interesting, especially for blasting a good action flick!


Funny, I've always been the type to condemn excessively loud music. Generally, I still do. But I'm finding that sometimes loud is necessary!

So far, I've gotten no complaints from my neighbors. Then again, it´s not like I could ever hear the doorbell...

Um comentário:

Michael disse...

I heard your music today...turn that racket down!